Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Purity and Yours....


Udine Italy, February 14, 1985 [after recitation of the Rosary]

"I am the Mother of Purity. I am the ever Virgin Mother. I am Immaculate Whiteness, the Splendor of Heaven, which reflects the light of the Most Holy Trinity upon the world, the dawn which puts and end to night, the Mother of Grace who drives away every sin from you, the Medicine of Paradise which, like soothing balm, closes up all your wounds.
I am the all-beautiful Mother: tota pulchra, tota pulchra!
I have been pure in body, not only through having always kept it intact from the slightest sin of impurity, but also because the Lord has willed to make His divine masterpiece shine forth in it in a marvelous way. My body, which, through its function of motherhood, had to be opened at the moment of the gift of the Son and to break the enchantment of its integrity, through a singular privilege remained intact. Thus I was able to give you my Son, while the virginal wrapping, by means of which even at the moment of my gift of motherhood I remained ever a virgin, remained intact:
Virgin before birth, because that which took place in me was solely the work of the Holy Spirit;
Virgin during birth, because that which was accomplished at that moment was the working of the Most Holy spirit--en-wrapped by the light of God and of his secret, before Him alone took place the miraculous birth of my divine Son;
Virgin after birth, because nothing ever disturbed the inviolate charm of my most pure body, called to guard my immaculate soul, so that in the person of your heavenly Mother there should be able to shine out, in a perfect way, the most holy splendor of the Divine Trinity.
Defend this privilege of mine, which is denied by many today in a facile and banal manner; defend it always."
--To the Priests-Our Lady's Beloved Sons, MMP (2009); Interior locutions to Fr. Stefano Gobbi, MMP (1973-97). #305, pp.428-30.

December 23

There has been born to you a Savior, Who is Christ, the Lord. Lk. 2:11

Reflection: From the beginning of time, prophets announced that the Messiah of the Lord would come. "Messiah," or "Christ" means "Anointed One."
On Christmas, this prophecy was fulfilled in a surprising way, because the angels did not simply announce that Jesus was the Messiah of the Lord. They said the newborn child was Messiah AND Lord.
Prayer: Fill us, Lord, with the wonder of God joining our human family and raising our dignity beyond our imagination.
--Pro-life Reflections for Every Day (2009); Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment