Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beloved Apostle...Holy Mother...Holy Eucharist...

So they said to him, "What sign can you do, that we may see and believe in you? What can you do? Our ancestors ate manna in the desert, as it is written:
'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'
So Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave the bread from heaven; my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
So they said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
The Jews murmured about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven," and they said, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph? Do we not know his father and mother? Then how can he say, "I have come down from heaven?" Jesus answered and said to them, "Stop murmuring among yourselves. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him on the last day. It is written in the prophets:
'They shall be taught by God.'
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.
The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day." For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Then many of his disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?" Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, "Does this shock you? What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe."
As a result of this, many [of] his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him....
The Gospel of John, Chapter 6, The Bread of Life Discourse.

A wound to the Immaculate Heart of Mary...[September 13, 1984]
"The emptiness, the abandonment and the neglect, with which Jesus present in the Eucharist is surrounded. Too many sacrileges are committed by those who no longer believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist and by those who go to Holy Communion in the state of mortal sin without any longer going to confession...be burning flames of adoration and of reparation to Jesus present in the Eucharist."
-Interior locution to Fr. Stefano Gobbi, MMP; #294, p.405
Taken from, Our Lady Speaks to Her Beloved Priests, MMP (2009), Interior locutions to Fr. Stefano Gobbi, MMP (1973-97).

No comments:

Post a Comment