Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This faithless and sinful generation...

This video comes via catholicvote.org. It may be disturbing to some--and it should be. These are the faces of the 'culture of death' that we must confront...we cannot afford to be silent. After watching the video I encourage all to contemplate the Reflection and Prayer below...

"Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels" (Mark, 8:38).




March 16

"Walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us" (Ephesians, 5:2).

Reflection:
Jesus endured crucifixion out of love for us, giving Himself away that we might have life. Abortion, on the other hand, is the opposite of love because it takes life.
Love says, "I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person." Abortion says, "I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself."
Prayer: Father, fill me and all people with the same love by which Your Son gave Himself away on the Cross. Grant that we may sacrifice ourselves and never sacrifice others.
--Pro-Life Reflections for Every Day (2009); Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life
www.priestsforlife.org

No comments:

Post a Comment