Monday, August 30, 2010

From the Pastor...

"In reviewing the causes of cultural unbelief, one has to include the problem of evil. The rampant injustices in the world, the suffering of innocents, and death itself, are all used by some as excuses to rebel against God, the Church, or religion in general. Actually, the key to solving the problem of evil is the mystery of Jesus. He is God made man. The innocent One willingly entered into the world and drank from the bitter cup of human injustice and death.
Jesus was put to death because He was holy. In other words, people were rebelling against God. But God's ways are not our ways. The evils of the world will not have the last word. Jesus is risen from the dead. He will come to judge the living and the dead. Ultimately, He will destroy death itself. Rejection and denial of God, therefore, are self-defeating. The world needs Him. He is our only Hope."
--Fr. Sean Donnelly, MA, D. Min. (August 28, 2010). Pastor, Immaculate Conception Church; Madison, OH.

"I keep the Lord always before me;
with the Lord at my right I shall never be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, my soul rejoices;
my body also dwells secure,
For you will not abandon me to Sheol,
nor let your faithful servant see the pit.
You will show me the path to life,
abounding joy in your presence,
the delights at your right hand forever."
--Psalm 16, 8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment